-
Kej
Good info, at long last I have gotten my bcm internal card to work in Knoppix. This time I used Live CD 5.1.1
I followed your instructions Opened Root Shell.
rmmod bcm43xx
#mounted the drive with my wireless adapter files. Same .inf that was used with XP
ndiswrapper -i /media/sda1/bcmwl5.inf
ndiswrapper -m
modprobe ndiswrapper
ifup wlan0 (got a failure there)
#Used Network Card Configuration to set up SSID and WEP and NWID. Wavelan and Wireless LAN didn't do the trick.
ifconfig
#Presto up and running, with an IP and everything. This is the first time I have had any success using Knoppix and I have tried numerous times.
#In previous versions there was a bcmwl5 in the ndiswrapper I used and I should have removed it then added my version.
Thanks again for the post.
Similar Threads
-
By Protocol in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2007, 03:05 AM
-
By Kaishain in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
-
By giant_toaster in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-23-2005, 09:09 AM
-
By cyph3r in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 08:22 PM
-
By urbster1 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 08:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP EliteBook 830 G8 Core I7-1185G7 3.00GHz Laptop 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkStation P520 Intel Xeon W-2245 8-Core 3.90GHz - NO RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$359.98