to 2k3autococker:

I am not sure what is happening, but it is very important to get the correct MS driver files and point to them properly when doing the ndiswrapper -i .... , as TR7110 reported.

You can point to the files by either cd to the specific directory and then use a relative path name, as I did, or by specifying the complete path, as in the case of TR7110.

Now, there are a couple of different version of the .inf file. Mine only works with the bcmwfl5a.inf version. Others may only work with the bcmwl5.inf version.

One other interesting point that I have encountered, is that if I mess something up along the process, i.e. forget to do something correctly, I have not found the proper way to undo these things without just doing a clean re-boot.
When things do not work correctly, there is enough information that gets into some places, but not others, and that is enough to keep everything from being undone.

The answer is a quick re-boot.

Good Luck!!