Uh... okay, on my desktop computer here i have burned an ISO of knoppix onto disk, and have got it to work on two other desktop computers... but when I try to boot it on this computer it starts out well as far as i can tell until it reaches a part where it says... um...
and then it retries about 5 times and then gives up and tries to write a file to the non-existant "/ramdisk" thing and then the kernel panics and then it just freezes...cannot unite read-only media to /ramdisk
I swear I looked as far as i could tolerate through the forum and found nothing that helps with my problem (about 7 pages for about 5 sets of search terms), I even used some stuff that was not anywhere near related to my problem... just help please... sorry for the lackishness of information...
If you have info I would rather you sent it via either AIM, or YIM if available, otherwise just post it here I guess.
{edit} for the error, it is said in this message: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26291 and i have the same exact one, and did exactly as he did (only i didn't boot it on a notebook and I dont know if my desktop is the same as his..., but meh to the notebook, and um... something about the computer specs)... I'm sure helping me would be able to help him/her too

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99