Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: rdesktop bootCD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1

    rdesktop bootCD

    I'm remastering a Knoppix 5.1.1 CD to boot straight to Rdesktop, without any user interaction, I got it to work but there is one thing that I'm having trouble figuring out:

    I edited this line to isolinux.cfg:

    APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt24.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
    and added:
    APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt24.gz nomce quiet desktop=rdp rdp_host=xxx.xxx.xx.x BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix

    the problem here is that rdesktop does not start in full screen, and I tried to put -f in this line in several different positions, but without any success.

    I also added a file called desktop to /etc/sysconfig with a single line containing: DESKTOP="rdp -f"
    What am I doing wrong? any clues?
    Is there any other config files that I need to edit so rdesktop starts in full screen mode?

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1
    Do you have your ISO anywhere? I'm a newbie and want a disc to do exactly this. Bootup rdesktop automatically.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't boot Vista normally after using Knoppix bootCD
    By Sarah James in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 09:37 PM
  2. micro bootcd & PMI
    By star in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 03:10 AM
  3. rdesktop colors
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-16-2003, 07:58 PM
  4. starting rdesktop on knoppix
    By sylvio in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 07:11 PM
  5. rdesktop needs patching
    By sireasoning in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2003, 03:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz DDR4 UDIMM w/ XMP CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 picture

Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz DDR4 UDIMM w/ XMP CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

$90.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM picture

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM

$47988.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$43.00