Yes, if you install Knoppix it will take care of the dual booting for you.
Nick
I know this has probably been answered already, and if so, point me in the right direction please. I have a computer with Windows 2000 Pro on the C: drive and a blank F: drive. Is it possible to install Knoppix or any Linux to the F: drive and have a dual-boot system? Right now, the C: is primary master and F: is primary slave. Will Lilo or Grub pick up my Windows installation? Thank you.
Yes, if you install Knoppix it will take care of the dual booting for you.
Nick
Thank you. I'll try it this weekend. So, it doesn't matter that Win2K is installed on the primary drive and Linux (Knoppix) on the secondary? Does Lilo or Grub have to write to the MBR for dual-boot and can that screw up Windows?
No, I don't think it will make any difference.
Bear in mind though that to set up the dual boot LILO will replace the MBR for the dual boot. It won't screw up windows, but it could be difficult to remove LILO if you ever wanted to. ie you will not be able to get rid of the choice of OS screen.
I did get rid of it from a win2k installation just by booting from the win2k cd and choosing R and then C (console) and writing a new MBR.
Nick
Thank you for the quick response. I'll post the results this weekend.
I couldn't wait to try it. Works great. I can boot either Linux or Win2000 without any problems. Thanks!

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95
Lot of 64 Apple II IIe IIc 5.25” Floppy Disk Games Software Utilities Vintage
$39.00
Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99