-
where can i get the xorgconfig-knoppix deb package?
I have a custom distro that started from remastering knoppix 3.7 and I have finally upgraded the X server from Xfree to xorg.
After some tweaking and hacking around i got everything to work but the /etc/init.d/xsession script requires mkxorgconfig. I am guessing this is part of the xorgconfig-knoppix package but i cannot find it anywhere.
I have updated the knoppix package list to the new http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org but it is not there.
Any ideas???
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
What is the release number of the xorg that you now have ? - I might have a system with a compatible xorgconfig-knoppix which I could repack and e-mail to you; just send me a private message with your email.
Repacking whilst running Knoppix 5.1.1 with libraries updated to current Etch (xorg 7.1.0-10) :-
root@dadspc:/home/dad# dpkg-repack xorgconfig-knoppix
dpkg-repack: File not found: /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
dpkg-deb: building package `xorgconfig-knoppix' in `./xorgconfig-knoppix_0.9-8_i386.deb'.
dpkg-repack: Problems were encountered in processing.
dpkg-repack: The package may be broken. # REMark this is just that /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 is not included
root@dadspc:/home/dad#
BTW interesting that you are remastering 3.7. For me, 3.7 is the most reliable Knoppix and everything *just_works*
with my aged, generic, hardware ! I went some way with hacking-in updated libraries, but have ended up updating to Sarge with Debian Backports where required & available. Some newer programes also compile in, but some require a diverging number of dependencies to be compiled on top of dependencies to be compiled & then it becomes an impasse or not worth-while! Ah well on we go ...
-
Johnny H,
Thanks for the info, i am running xorg 7.1.0-11.
I say knoppix 3.7 but it no longer resembles that rev. I have since upgraded all packages stripped out a lot of uneeded packages, customised and added new software for my purposes.
I will give the repack method a go, never thought of that (actually didnt know it was possible).
Thanks
-
Johnny H,
Worked a treat, thanks for the tip.
Similar Threads
-
By wzab in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-16-2009, 07:53 PM
-
By johnrw in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-17-2008, 03:19 AM
-
By firmansyah in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2006, 07:38 PM
-
By Mustang64 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 12:06 AM
-
By alex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00