You can try the frame-buffer (it's definitely not accelerated), type eg "fb1024x768" at the boot prompt...
Hi,
Knoppix 5.1.1 boots fine on my desktop which surprised me as its the only livecd thats detects my dvd drive ... [jmicron drivers in kernel I guess]
that said It gets to starting X screen goes blank get out of range message onscreen tried Ctrl+Alt+'+' [& '-'] but no joy
going into console I get AIGLX error .... xorg is using nv driver
Is there a cheat code to turn off AIGLX until I can get a working screen?
[5.1.1 works fine on my laptop]
If you need any more output let me know
TIA
MrG
You can try the frame-buffer (it's definitely not accelerated), type eg "fb1024x768" at the boot prompt...
frame buffer does not help... AIGLX is the problem I loaded a working xorg.conf [from my machine] still would not start get cursor but nothing else
Can I run Knoppix without AIGLX ? or should I drop to a version that does not have it?
Ok I managed to get X working by using xmodule=vesa
It flickered a bit before kdm started & screen res. is out [but thats not a problem]
I'm in .......
Well you are doing better than I, I 1st installed 3.4 on my hard drive and had a lilo boot propmt for windows, linux, 3.4., 2.6, 2.4, and it all worked great. I downloaded 5.1 dvd and decompressed the file on my hard drive and it ran out of room. Now I am back with 3.4 just with the cd. I can't even boot a good cd of 5.1 and the DVD, forget about it!, I am tired of the endless hours trying to work out a solution. Why won't the dvd boot? help'''
You may be better off starting a thread of your own for help.
I have used dvd versions of knoppix but not 5.1.1
MrG
Thanks for your replies, I have reset my MBR which was preventing the bootup. Everything is as it should be. I only need to become more proficent with all of this great system, + c + other kernels and on and on. Its great to have started with this, have a good one everyone!![]()
I am walking on someone elses discussion and will no longer bother anyone about my system in your discussion
I only thought that if you started your own thread you may get more help
Yes Knoppix is a great Distro my entry if you like in the Linux world never looked back, Windows free for many years now
Enjoy Knoppix
MrG

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00
Apple PowerBook 1400c Vintage Macintosh Laptop Untested No Power Cord & Modem
$99.99
Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia
$15.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00
VINTAGE Apple Macintosh Security Lock Kit M0201 + Lock + parts NO BOX Original O
$24.99
Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested
$210.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99