-
Knoppix 5.1 locking up after booting up fine
I can run the knoppix cd (V 5.1)on my hp laptop fine. It will boot and do everything I try. I downloaded and burned at the slowest Nero speed (4x) I could. MDA checksum is OK. When I try to run it on Sony VAIO desktop, it locks up. It boots up and I can open or start to open some of the programs. Then it locks. I can move the cursor but there is no response by the OS. The only thing I can do then is to turn power off to reboot. Can there be a problem with the CD-Rom drive or CD-RW drive? Is there any way to test the drives to rule out that possiblity?
-
I'm having what sounds like the very same problem on my desktop. I posted in the boot forum. Haven't had any replies yet.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Knoppix 5.1 locking up after booting up fine

Originally Posted by
Oldlock15
When I try to run it on Sony VAIO desktop, it locks up. It boots up and I can open or start to open some of the programs. Then it locks. ....
If you have a gig or more of memory you could try the toram cheat code. That would load the entire CD into RAM at boot time, if it still locks up later that would indicate it is likely to not be a drive problem.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By Krellan2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2007, 03:51 AM
-
By MrGreen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-21-2007, 08:11 AM
-
By hobbes5683 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 04:43 PM
-
By TROLL1357 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By Amb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 07:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos ST20000NM003C 20TB CMR 7200RPM SATA6Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$509.99

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99