-
Knoppix 5.1 locking up after booting up fine
I can run the knoppix cd (V 5.1)on my hp laptop fine. It will boot and do everything I try. I downloaded and burned at the slowest Nero speed (4x) I could. MDA checksum is OK. When I try to run it on Sony VAIO desktop, it locks up. It boots up and I can open or start to open some of the programs. Then it locks. I can move the cursor but there is no response by the OS. The only thing I can do then is to turn power off to reboot. Can there be a problem with the CD-Rom drive or CD-RW drive? Is there any way to test the drives to rule out that possiblity?
Similar Threads
-
By Krellan2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2007, 03:51 AM
-
By MrGreen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-21-2007, 08:11 AM
-
By hobbes5683 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 04:43 PM
-
By TROLL1357 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By Amb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 07:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Vintage Computer System *PARTS/AS IS*
$70.00

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore 64 disk drive - enhancer 2000 & 30 disks
$110.00

Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)
$89.99

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00

Commodore 64 Drive Alignment & Utility Diskette
$9.99