Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Printing Problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3

    Printing Problems

    I have some trouble getting my COMPAQ IJ300 which is connected to LPT1 to work. I installed the driver with the KDE interface and via http://localhost:631/admin. I had to manually run CUPSD from a root shell. The print jobs show up in the jobs list with error status, nut nothing gets sent to the printer. I am running Live CD.
    Does anybody have a hint on how to fix this. BTW the printer operates fine under Windows XP.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3
    I have investigated this a bit further and I had my printer working on a PCLOS Live CD. There I had to enable the "infinite retry" in case of an error. Is there such a feature in Knoppix 5.1.1?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    reizrd, you didn't mention explicitly which version of knoppix you're using. You did ask about an infinite retry feature in 5.1.1. Is this the version you're running?

    5.1.0 did have a problem with adding a printer. It was unable to add a temporary printer. 5.1.1 fixed this problem.

    5.0 used ESP printer drivers instead of the large list of drivers. The two subsequent versions dropped the ESP drivers.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3
    5.1.1 is in fact the version I am running. The printer seems to get added correctly, but print jobs get stuck in the print queue. They show up in the job list with error status. I got around this problem in another distro by enabling its retry feature.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    I just got home and saw the latest. I did a web search on knoppix and IJ300 and saw a list of printer compatibilities on linuxforum.com.

    http://www.linuxforum.com/linux-printing/printers.html

    This is probably a useful link for anyone considering buying a printer, or moving to linux.

    It's listed as a paperweight. I also found a message on http://www.linuxquestions.org, where someone says that it's a rebranded lexmark, for what that's worth.

Similar Threads

  1. I can't be the only one. Printing problems
    By BJ in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 10:26 PM
  2. SMB Printing under LPR mode
    By jrnokes in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 01:03 PM
  3. Printing
    By swazi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 05:46 PM
  4. Problems with printing since Nov19/03 issue of 3.3
    By Snowman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 07:42 AM
  5. printing
    By crackdaddysnap in forum General Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 04:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8

WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8" IPS 1 Pc

$78.00



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB picture

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB

$82.00



Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys picture

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys

$16.99



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99