-
another HD install problem
I tried the first option of a debian type install and I received the error message;
"...check DCOP service is running"-when KDE tried to start up.
What is this DCOP and how do I get around the error?
I have now installed with option 2-a knoppix install;
This works but I only have the option of KDE.
I read that with this install options/settings would not be saved on reboot-but they are-so I am a bit confused there??
What about option 3-a beginner install-does that give all options?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I would reccomend the Debian install.... the Beginner install is the next best thing 
This is a stab in the dark but I think you DCOP error is probably a permissions problem..try this:
***** FOR THE PURPOSE OF THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL WILL _ASSUME_ YOUR NORMAL USER NAME IS: chameleon *********
***** Please user your real normal user name in its place *********
Boot the system in Text Mode (Runlevel 2 ( "2" cheatcode)).. login as root.
issue the following commands:
Code:
chown root:root /tmp/.ICE-unix
chown root:root /tmp/.X11-unix
chmod 777 /tmp/.ICE-unix
chmod 777 /tmp/.X11-unix
chown -R chameleon:chameleon /home/chameleon
Sometimes all the permission do not get set correctly by the installer.
Take Care,
-Justin
One Mynds Eye
Similar Threads
-
By fadeh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2005, 04:51 PM
-
By lotech in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-29-2005, 10:06 AM
-
By gravity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By foraker_p in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 12:54 AM
-
By gilljohn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 02:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone
$699.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

YEALINK W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR
$50.00