Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: root password

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2

    root password

    HI, I am running Knoppix 5.1.1 from a DVD and I am having difficulty getting on
    the internet. Since I am running Knoppix from a DVD, a password was never
    generated, how do I get past the pop-up window asking for a password in order
    to perform administrative tasks that require a root password? I am trying to get into
    the Network Configuration window, to enable me to configure the eth3 ethernet card.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated (This is my first experience with Linux).

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Posts
    2
    You can specify the initial root password by going to KNOPPIX > Root Shell and typing passwd.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thanks Tru7h for your reply, I was able to generate a password per your instructions.
    I am still having problems getting connected to the internet, even though, I believe I
    have my ethernet card up and running (Thanks again).
    abeza

Similar Threads

  1. How can I set a root password????
    By oganika in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
  2. Root Password??????
    By DRYICE in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2006, 02:06 AM
  3. root password
    By swen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-26-2005, 03:18 AM
  4. What is the Root password in 3.4?
    By kidsatacrux in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 12:48 AM
  5. Root Password
    By VBgod in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 10:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell PowerEdge R640  8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU

$315.00



Dell PowerEdge R640 Server 2.10Ghz 32-Core 64GB RAM Startup picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 Server 2.10Ghz 32-Core 64GB RAM Startup

$763.95



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95



Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount

$489.99