I could be wrong but I dont think Knoppix has this capability
You can use other distro called AUSTRUMI at http://cyti.latgola.lv/ruuni/index_en.html which has the capability of resetting admin password.
I forgot the password for an old computer with windows 2000 on it. I've tried every combination of administrator password that exist and I still cant get in to windows. So then a friend tells me I can run knoppix and reset the password when I boot up to linux without having to actually know the admin password. Does anyone know how to do this or know of another solution to my problem?
I could be wrong but I dont think Knoppix has this capability
You can use other distro called AUSTRUMI at http://cyti.latgola.lv/ruuni/index_en.html which has the capability of resetting admin password.
Hi,Originally Posted by spiferpipit
Try to install the "chntpw" utility from: http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/ while running knoopix.
It should help.

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01