-
I am using Knoppix 5.1.1 installed on HD for over a week or so and all i can say as for a desktop user, thumbs up. I had some problems with the CD version so i vote for the DVD version. It meets all my "loser-user" needs as dvd/divx, mp3, some games, emulators, OpenGL, office work, internet (kopete is so cute btw, KDE ftw) etc etc. I downloaded some games like: Cube 1 & 2, Open Quake 3, Alien Arena. I mannaged to sucessefuly update WINE to its latest version and now bunch of a must apps (for me at least) work, like WhereIsIt and WoW
. Haven't got any stability problems so far and apt-get works as well as it should.
Some other users may have different experience with stability I guess, but that may depend of your hardware. Mine is ATA system with Athlon 2000+, system just about a year and half old. I won't advice installing the CD version since it does not include the kernel source needed for the nVIDIA driver and you will probably need to recompile the kernel and for a newb its very confusing.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.55

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99