-
Junior Member
registered user
Choosing a sound card
Hey all, this should be a fairly simple one to figure out. I've got on board sound and a sound blaster card. Knoppix sees them both because when I go in to mixer it sees them both. But I can't figure out how to get the sound to go through the blaster card and not the on board sound. It works fine on the on board sound, but I want it on the blaster. I've tried opening up Device Manager but it opens for a second and then closes on its own.
So how do I tell Knoppix which card I want to use as the default card?
-
mine don't have a sound card .....
have you been to the COntrol Center
and down to the Sound & Multimedia section
have you poked there yet or not ?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Yup, and when I activate the sound system it causes my sound to stop working at all.
-
can you disable the onboard sound in the bios ?
i have one board sound, and a pci card, ive disabled the on board in the bios, if you do that the system should only see the sound card ?
least thats the way it works under windows (im still experimenting with linux) so i presume its the same under knoppix ?
-
probably a plug and play issue
as most sound cards will auto configure as Blaster = 220 330 etc
windows copes, if the card is multi-configurable
check the
Knoppix - System - KInfoCenter
under
Devices
IO-Ports and
Interrupts
for ideas on i/o dma conflicts
Similar Threads
-
By AngelFch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
-
By rusty in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 02:48 AM
-
By Iost in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 02:47 AM
-
By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By stevedperkins in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 05:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72