mine don't have a sound card .....
have you been to the COntrol Center
and down to the Sound & Multimedia section
have you poked there yet or not ?
Hey all, this should be a fairly simple one to figure out. I've got on board sound and a sound blaster card. Knoppix sees them both because when I go in to mixer it sees them both. But I can't figure out how to get the sound to go through the blaster card and not the on board sound. It works fine on the on board sound, but I want it on the blaster. I've tried opening up Device Manager but it opens for a second and then closes on its own.
So how do I tell Knoppix which card I want to use as the default card?
mine don't have a sound card .....
have you been to the COntrol Center
and down to the Sound & Multimedia section
have you poked there yet or not ?
Yup, and when I activate the sound system it causes my sound to stop working at all.
can you disable the onboard sound in the bios ?
i have one board sound, and a pci card, ive disabled the on board in the bios, if you do that the system should only see the sound card ?
least thats the way it works under windows (im still experimenting with linux) so i presume its the same under knoppix ?
probably a plug and play issue
as most sound cards will auto configure as Blaster = 220 330 etc
windows copes, if the card is multi-configurable
check the
Knoppix - System - KInfoCenter
under
Devices
IO-Ports and
Interrupts
for ideas on i/o dma conflicts

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99
IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96