Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Newbie's couple of questions

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3

    Newbie's couple of questions

    Thanks to a tech magazine I got a copy of Knoppix 3.1 cd.
    I am still switching between testing it and playing with it.
    I post the message trying to get familiar in shorter time.
    A) the setting of the keyboard of the 4 console sticks to "us" [is changed for X and its terminals];
    B) I followed suggestions [forum] to change the workstation hostname but on a LAN I still have to address the host either by means of IP or by original hostname (e.g. Knoppix).
    TIA for replies.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Newbie's couple of questions

    --Check /etc/hosts (' man hosts '). Not sure what to tell you about the lang.

    Quote Originally Posted by lrf
    Thanks to a tech magazine I got a copy of Knoppix 3.1 cd.
    I am still switching between testing it and playing with it.
    I post the message trying to get familiar in shorter time.
    A) the setting of the keyboard of the 4 console sticks to "us" [is changed for X and its terminals];
    B) I followed suggestions [forum] to change the workstation hostname but on a LAN I still have to address the host either by means of IP or by original hostname (e.g. Knoppix).
    TIA for replies.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 03:49 AM
  2. A couple of questions relating to sound
    By bobalex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 01:52 PM
  3. Couple questions
    By Anathema in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 02:48 AM
  4. New to Knoppix - couple of basic questions
    By tonedef667 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 01:29 AM
  5. A couple of questions
    By stv in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2003, 04:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit picture

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit

$44.99



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends picture

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends

$149.00



Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit Gold picture

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit Gold

$44.99



Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is) picture

Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)

$350.00



Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe picture

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe

$449.99



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE picture

VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE

$299.99