-
Installing standard debian kernel
Hello all,
I would like to know how I can install a standard debian kernel over
my knoppix installation. Precently I have vmlinuz-2.4.20-xfs installed as
it comes with knoppix 3.2
However, I would like to install a kernel from the debian unstable distr. that is compiled for my AMD k7 processor. I installed the package with apt-get, and updated lilo.conf accordingly. At boot I now get the following error:
> cat: No file proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev.
> /linuxrc: cannot create proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev: directory
> nonexistant VFS: Cannot open root device "hda5" or 03:05
> Please append a correct "root=" boot option
> Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:05
What am I doing wrong, and what should I do to get all packages (or just the kernel) in line with debian unstable?
Regards,
Bert Haverkamp
Similar Threads
-
By linweix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 02:31 AM
-
By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 10:57 AM
-
By quark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-14-2004, 07:21 PM
-
By Ylz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 09:24 AM
-
By gtgoku in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

NOB AlfaData AlfaScan Plus Hand Scanner for Commodore Amiga 256 Grayscale RARE
$149.99

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

Commodore Amiga Color CRT Monitor Model 1084S-P Stereo - Parts Or Repair
$100.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

COMMODORE AMIGA 500 Motherboard Rev 5 NTSC ,No IC'S , Sold As Is, Untested
$88.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99