-
Invalid screen frequency
Here's my problem:
I boot from the DVD, and get the penguin pictures and system messages. And then the screen goes black, then starts to flicker, and then I get the message "INVALID SCAN FREQ." Then, after doing a hard reset, I briefly get the message "INVALID SYNC".
I tried the cheat code "knoppix vsync=60 hsync=80" - it didn't work. I tried various other values besides "60" and "80". I tried setting the resolution to 1280x1024. I'm not sure what else to do.
Monitor: Gateway VX900 CRT, connected to the computer through a VGA-DVI adapter. I usually use the resolution 1280x960, but it displays anything up to 1600x1200 (including 1280x1024) fine under Windows. I'm not sure how to check for the refresh rates it allows.
Computer: Asus P5B Deluxe motherboard, 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 512MB Nvidia GeForce 7950GTOC graphics card, 2GB ram.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By yourwickedwickham in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-19-2009, 11:07 AM
-
By Mr.Jack in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-13-2005, 11:00 AM
-
By Crystlnova in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 10:30 PM
-
By cbc_B in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 06:37 PM
-
By knoppers in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 05:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99