-
Unable to save to /var/www
I am brand new to Linux (like you can't tell). I am trying to use the Knoppix LiveCD 5.0.1 to learn about Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP. I started apache and when I browse to localhost I get a blank screen instead of an error page so I beleive the server is running fine. The problem I am having is when I try to save a web page to /var/www I get the error "Access denied. Could not write to /var/www/".
I know since I am using the LiveCD version /var/www might be on the cd and therefor read-only. My (obviously wrong) understanding is that I should be able to create /var/www on the Ramdisk which Apache would read from, but I also get an access denied message when I attempt this which seems odd.
I imagine I am missing something very simple, but I have been searching for a solution to this for days now and have not been able to find one. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you for your time,
Similar Threads
-
By voteslave in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-27-2007, 08:50 PM
-
By happyhkv in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-04-2005, 05:49 PM
-
By cspace in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 08:16 PM
-
By Laz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-29-2003, 10:19 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 11:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos ST20000NM003C 20TB CMR 7200RPM SATA6Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$509.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99