Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Free - as in out of captivity!

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    23

    Free - as in out of captivity!

    Right now I'm installing knoppix to a hard drive without a Windows partition! My hard drive decided to do some funky things, and so I wiped it and since I hadn't booted to Windows for over four months I got rid of that partition.



    Conversation overheard by my computer:
    Soon to be hubby: I thought you were installing Linux.
    Me: I am installing Linux.
    STBH: But you're on the internet.
    Me: That's the beauty of knoppix![/i]

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: Free - as in out of captivity!

    Quote Originally Posted by gretchen
    Soon to be hubby: I thought you were installing Linux.
    Me: I am installing Linux.
    STBH: But you're on the internet.
    Me: That's the beauty of knoppix![/i]
    Knoppix IS a beautiful thing. I agree it's pretty cool to be able to do a hd install and be surfing the internet and IMing friends. Beats windows hands down.

Similar Threads

  1. Free Space Help
    By wiccaan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:04 AM
  2. Get a Free Knoppix 3.4 CD...
    By zentu in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:22 PM
  3. Free Knoppix CD
    By nabetse in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 12:23 AM
  4. Free Knoppix CD
    By nabetse in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 07:08 PM
  5. qt-x11-free
    By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-28-2003, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95