Hey everyone, I'm working through the PXE over SMBFS/CIFS guide on Manty's page at: http://knoppix.manty.net/
We have several sites that have almost no server space, so I'm creating an app to do reimaging based off images stored on the individual NT clients. However, when I need to create this pxelinux.cfg/default file, I'm going to run into problems:
display whatever.txt
default knoppix
prompt 1
timeout 300
LABEL knoppix
KERNEL knoppix/linux
APPEND secure nfsdir=//TheIpOfYourServer/knoppix_share nodhcp lang=es ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off nomce vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
The boot knoppix image will be stored on a local machine at the site (that the other machines will pull their knoppix boot file from) but I need a way to supply NT Domain credentials in this string so the clients will be able to access the file. I cannot open a share onsite that has no password requirements, so that's out. (Yes, I realize this says NFS, but Manty's page is specifically to boot over CIFS). I CAN create a local share that is password protected, if authenticating to the domain is out.
Anyone know a way to do this?
Thanks!
Jim

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50