ACK to kd5ob.

I have KNX 5.1.1 (cd -> HD install / debian) running with my BCM 4306 for a couple of days now, with ndiswrapper. I have a reliable 54Mbit link.

But, my Thinkpad T40 doesn't suspend (to ram) properly here. A T40 should be able to do that with Linux, so i guess it has something to do with this Broadcom card and/or its driver. It does suspend with WinXP without problems. It does enter suspend in Knoppix, but on wakeup there sometimes are graphics errors, sometimes screen keeps being black - and everytime system freezes. I have tried to suspend with ndiswrapper module undoaded, and with X deactivated - no success.

Today i did some testing with my older Knoppix 5.0.1 CD (running from CD) - and ... whoa! After installing the bcm43xx-fwcutter package and using this tool (by the way: it worksn't on my windows driver, telling me something about "unknown MD5sum" - it looks like this tool doesnt know my bcmwl5 driver. I think i will try to contact the driver guys in the next days. It worked with some other bcm4306 driver from somewhere in the outer limits of the internet... ) and putting the .fw files in the right place (/lib/firmware) the driver loaded, leaving some positive messages in the syslog! I tried a dhcp-broadcast using wlcardconfig and netcardconfig - this one was unsuccessful. But after setting ip stuff manually with netcardconfig - card's working !! But for some reason (maybe this is the driver's fault, i have to RTFM a little bit more...) maximum speed is at 11Mbit/s. (FTP download with large files speeds at 1+MIB/s maximum - this also looks like 11Mbit/s.)

Greetings!