-
KDE .Autostart not persisting when saved to memory stick
Howdy
On Knoppix v4.0.2 (I know, but it works fine for what I need it to do - almost!) I'm trying to save settings as normal to a memory stick - fine, except the .kde/Autostart directory (or more importantly, the contents) aren't being copied across correctly.
Now the file that I need is static, so I've really got two options:
1) Copy across the file on startup from the CD to the folder, before it is called by the startup sequence
2) Make it so the config automatically saves it and restores it each time. It's important to note that other files (eg, desktop, settings) are being carried across just fine.
Either will work fine, I don't mind which - can anyone point me in the right direction?
Also, there's another problem - after a couple of mins the screen goes blank, a lá a screensaver. (IE: Waving the mouse wakes it up) Now KDE config says its disabled, and I don't think xscreensaver is installed... anything else I should be looking for?
Cheers very much for any help given!
Similar Threads
-
By Ming in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2005, 07:37 PM
-
By Legless_Marine in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 08:00 PM
-
By Legless_Marine in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-08-2005, 07:09 PM
-
By alex stacey in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:16 PM
-
By hgpuke in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA
$325.00

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$179.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Gen 2a 8-Core 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM - #252127
$275.00