-
KDE .Autostart not persisting when saved to memory stick
Howdy
On Knoppix v4.0.2 (I know, but it works fine for what I need it to do - almost!) I'm trying to save settings as normal to a memory stick - fine, except the .kde/Autostart directory (or more importantly, the contents) aren't being copied across correctly.
Now the file that I need is static, so I've really got two options:
1) Copy across the file on startup from the CD to the folder, before it is called by the startup sequence
2) Make it so the config automatically saves it and restores it each time. It's important to note that other files (eg, desktop, settings) are being carried across just fine.
Either will work fine, I don't mind which - can anyone point me in the right direction?
Also, there's another problem - after a couple of mins the screen goes blank, a lá a screensaver. (IE: Waving the mouse wakes it up) Now KDE config says its disabled, and I don't think xscreensaver is installed... anything else I should be looking for?
Cheers very much for any help given!
Similar Threads
-
By Ming in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2005, 07:37 PM
-
By Legless_Marine in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 08:00 PM
-
By Legless_Marine in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-08-2005, 07:09 PM
-
By alex stacey in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:16 PM
-
By hgpuke in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit USB Flash Drive
$25.99

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99