iirc floppies don't use vfat but fat16, which would explain that.
>>
When I mounted it on another Linux machine
>>
Why format it in the way you have though. Why not ext2
jm
I formatted a floppy to vfat (mkdosfs /dev/fd0) and copied some files to it.
When I mounted it on another Linux machine, they were shortened to 8.3.
Why? I remember that win95 stores long filenames on floppies too...
Oh, and they all were gzip'ped, but they remained in 8.3 format even after gunzip'ping.
Isn't gzip supposed to store long filenames?
iirc floppies don't use vfat but fat16, which would explain that.
>>
When I mounted it on another Linux machine
>>
Why format it in the way you have though. Why not ext2
jm

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech RAM 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DIMM/2666MHz
$60.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00
MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99
Kingston 16GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-19200 2400MHz Memory Module KCP424SD8/16
$55.00
G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 DIMM Intel XMP 2.0 F4-3200C16D
$75.00