Yes. Can't do any harm, anyway!![]()
Hi, Just ran knx-install.
When in the partitioning section, I create a new primary partition, hda2 (windows is hda1), and a logical hda5, set hda5 to swap. this all goes well. Later I choose to install lilo to mbr. When the install is finished I reboot, but no lilo menu, windowz just bootes up. What am I doing wrong? Should I set hda2 to bootable? (hda1 is marked bootable in cfdisk)
btw it's knoppix 3.2 may 20
Yes. Can't do any harm, anyway!![]()
I was sort of hoping for a yes/no answer![]()
you get aboutOriginally Posted by fingers99
![]()
hmm... I created a boot disk during the last install, forgot it was in the drive. So I'm in knoppix at the moment. Is there a tool or script or something to re-install lilo?
Alrighy then! Knoppix is officially up and running here. nice. about bloody time
Seems lilo got a bit weird about my promise controller(not raid) and the 2 hddsks attached to it. I removed the entries from lilo.conf and ran lilo config and presto, lilo installed fine.
Thanks for the quick replies though
/Orv

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99
Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server
$525.00
Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License
$238.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95