The gunzip was a Busybox version, does that matter?
Oh and could some moderator delete the other two remaining copies of this post?
I formatted a floppy to vfat (mkdosfs /dev/fd0) and copied some files to it.
When I mounted it on another Linux machine, they were shortened to 8.3.
Why? I remember that win95 stores long filenames on floppies too...
Oh, and they all were gzip'ped, but they remained in 8.3 format even after gunzip'ping.
Isn't gzip supposed to store long filenames?
The gunzip was a Busybox version, does that matter?
Oh and could some moderator delete the other two remaining copies of this post?

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00
$75.00