-
USB Hard Drive (Seagate - Momentus)
Hello, Knoppix is detecting fine any flash memory I connect to it, however when I connect my new external USB hard drive it will not detect it (however the drive is powered). It is a Seagate 120gb HD Momentus (perpendicular recording).
Any help/ideas will be appreciated.
-
External USB hard drive??? I didn't even know Knoppix supported those!
When did you purchase it? Knoppix might not have drivers for it.
If all else fails, you could always get a nice 2 gig flash drive instead. :P
-
Yeah well, I got it like a month ago so it's rather new...
2 gig flash drive vs 120 gigs... I think that's not an option.
Just in case, this is what I have http://www.overstock.com/sm-recondit..._ti-82124.html but the 120GB version
-
Senior Member
registered user
I use several usb HDD's, one is a 20Gb another a 160Gb, I use them mostly to recover files after WIN has died on the poor users.
Most work exelent out f box, but some fail to use standard compliant modes and... work less well. also some have weird partitioning schemes that confuse knoppix.
Similar Threads
-
By smolk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-01-2006, 07:07 AM
-
By husalah5150 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By lederman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

ASRock b560 ATX Motherboard + Intel Core i5-11600K CPU Combo Gaming + 32 GB DDR4
$300.00

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00