External USB hard drive??? I didn't even know Knoppix supported those!
When did you purchase it? Knoppix might not have drivers for it.
If all else fails, you could always get a nice 2 gig flash drive instead. :P
Hello, Knoppix is detecting fine any flash memory I connect to it, however when I connect my new external USB hard drive it will not detect it (however the drive is powered). It is a Seagate 120gb HD Momentus (perpendicular recording).
Any help/ideas will be appreciated.
External USB hard drive??? I didn't even know Knoppix supported those!
When did you purchase it? Knoppix might not have drivers for it.
If all else fails, you could always get a nice 2 gig flash drive instead. :P
Yeah well, I got it like a month ago so it's rather new...
2 gig flash drive vs 120 gigs... I think that's not an option.
Just in case, this is what I have http://www.overstock.com/sm-recondit..._ti-82124.html but the 120GB version
I use several usb HDD's, one is a 20Gb another a 160Gb, I use them mostly to recover files after WIN has died on the poor users.
Most work exelent out f box, but some fail to use standard compliant modes and... work less well. also some have weird partitioning schemes that confuse knoppix.

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98
Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy
$499.99
Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99
Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2
$75.00
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99