External USB hard drive??? I didn't even know Knoppix supported those!
When did you purchase it? Knoppix might not have drivers for it.
If all else fails, you could always get a nice 2 gig flash drive instead. :P
Hello, Knoppix is detecting fine any flash memory I connect to it, however when I connect my new external USB hard drive it will not detect it (however the drive is powered). It is a Seagate 120gb HD Momentus (perpendicular recording).
Any help/ideas will be appreciated.
External USB hard drive??? I didn't even know Knoppix supported those!
When did you purchase it? Knoppix might not have drivers for it.
If all else fails, you could always get a nice 2 gig flash drive instead. :P
Yeah well, I got it like a month ago so it's rather new...
2 gig flash drive vs 120 gigs... I think that's not an option.
Just in case, this is what I have http://www.overstock.com/sm-recondit..._ti-82124.html but the 120GB version
I use several usb HDD's, one is a 20Gb another a 160Gb, I use them mostly to recover files after WIN has died on the poor users.
Most work exelent out f box, but some fail to use standard compliant modes and... work less well. also some have weird partitioning schemes that confuse knoppix.

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$245.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99