External USB hard drive??? I didn't even know Knoppix supported those!
When did you purchase it? Knoppix might not have drivers for it.
If all else fails, you could always get a nice 2 gig flash drive instead. :P
Hello, Knoppix is detecting fine any flash memory I connect to it, however when I connect my new external USB hard drive it will not detect it (however the drive is powered). It is a Seagate 120gb HD Momentus (perpendicular recording).
Any help/ideas will be appreciated.
External USB hard drive??? I didn't even know Knoppix supported those!
When did you purchase it? Knoppix might not have drivers for it.
If all else fails, you could always get a nice 2 gig flash drive instead. :P
Yeah well, I got it like a month ago so it's rather new...
2 gig flash drive vs 120 gigs... I think that's not an option.
Just in case, this is what I have http://www.overstock.com/sm-recondit..._ti-82124.html but the 120GB version
I use several usb HDD's, one is a 20Gb another a 160Gb, I use them mostly to recover files after WIN has died on the poor users.
Most work exelent out f box, but some fail to use standard compliant modes and... work less well. also some have weird partitioning schemes that confuse knoppix.

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00