External USB hard drive??? I didn't even know Knoppix supported those!
When did you purchase it? Knoppix might not have drivers for it.
If all else fails, you could always get a nice 2 gig flash drive instead. :P
Hello, Knoppix is detecting fine any flash memory I connect to it, however when I connect my new external USB hard drive it will not detect it (however the drive is powered). It is a Seagate 120gb HD Momentus (perpendicular recording).
Any help/ideas will be appreciated.
External USB hard drive??? I didn't even know Knoppix supported those!
When did you purchase it? Knoppix might not have drivers for it.
If all else fails, you could always get a nice 2 gig flash drive instead. :P
Yeah well, I got it like a month ago so it's rather new...
2 gig flash drive vs 120 gigs... I think that's not an option.
Just in case, this is what I have http://www.overstock.com/sm-recondit..._ti-82124.html but the 120GB version
I use several usb HDD's, one is a 20Gb another a 160Gb, I use them mostly to recover files after WIN has died on the poor users.
Most work exelent out f box, but some fail to use standard compliant modes and... work less well. also some have weird partitioning schemes that confuse knoppix.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95
Dell Latitude 5420 14" - Core i5-1145G7 - 8GB - 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro - WARRANTY
$276.35
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36