Hi,
I've done a PMI of 5.1.1 on a Dell PC running Windoze XP, to which I've added a second hard disk.
The folowing partitions exist:
hda1 - FAT (Dell 'hidden' partition)
hda2 - NTFS (Windows C:)
hda3 - FAT (Dell 'hidden' partition)
hda5 - NTFS (Windows E:)
hdb5 - NTFS (Windows F:)
hdb6 - FAT (Windows G:, used for knoppix.img: persistent home, etc.)
When I click on any of the icons on the desktop corresponding to NTFS partitions, I get a file browser for /cdrom instead.
Typing 'df -T' in Konsole gives:
Filesystem Type 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root ext2 5887 927 4960 16% /
/dev/hda2 fuseblk 713064 713064 0 100% /cdrom
/dev/hda5 fuseblk 713064 713064 0 100% /cdrom
/dev/hdb5 fuseblk 713064 713064 0 100% /cdrom
/dev/hda2 fuseblk 713064 713064 0 100% /cdrom
/dev/hda2 fuseblk 32322776 16621424 15701352 52% /cdrom2.loop
/ramdisk tmpfs 405036 2480 402556 1% /ramdisk
/UNIONFS aufs 495844 260552 235292 53% /UNIONFS
/cdrom2.loop/boot/knoppix.511/*.iso
iso9660 713064 713064 0 100% /cdrom/
/dev/cloop iso9660 1997852 1997852 0 100% /KNOPPIX
/dev/hdb6 vfat 5114692 512048 4602644 11% /media/hdb6
/media/hdb6/knoppix.img
ext2 495844 260552 235292 53% /KNOPPIX.IMG
persistent unionfs 495844 260552 235292 53% /UNIONFS
/dev/hda1 vfat 56068 7412 48656 14% /media/hda1
/dev/hda3 vfat 3663672 1908792 1754880 53% /media/hda3
... with multiple occurrences of /cdrom.
If I try to umount any of these partitions, I get:
'Could not unmount device. It seems /cdrom is mounted multiple times'
Any suggestions to be able to mount NTFS partitions correctly, and to be able ot access from desktop icons?
Many thanks,
Mike

Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Aureal Vortex 2 AU8830A2 BA88ST30A-01 PCI Sound Card Vintage Untested
$44.85
RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00
Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00