Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Screen Resolution settings

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    53

    Screen Resolution settings

    My laptop which displays upto 1600 x 1200 with no problem under XP comes up as 1024 x 768 in knoppix. When I change the screen resolution in control center | display, I can go upto 1600 x 1200, howerver the screen comes up tiled instead of stretched to fill the screen resolution. Any idea on what I am doing wrong, and what I can do to get it to stretch to fill the screen. I would prefer a 1280 x 1024 resolution. I remember that in debian you can cycle through the available resolutions using some control alt +/- combination. Either I have forgotten what it is or it is not working in knoppix. Also, the laptop does not have a dedicated + key which may also be the cause.

    Also, I am able to get beryl running as long as I do not use my persistent disk image about 90% of the time. However, If I use it, I have only been able to get it once. Now it never goes into beryl. Any ideas?

    Thanks
    Neeraj

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    159

    Re: Screen Resolution settings

    Quote Originally Posted by nnigam
    I would prefer a 1280 x 1024 resolution.
    have you tried "knoppix screen=1280x1024" at the boot prompt?
    if it dosn't work, try "fb1280x1024" instead - but that's using frame buffer mode which is definitely not accelerated...

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    53
    I think the problem is the bootfrom parameter that I was using. Even though I specified the screen size, it was not working. Nor was beryl.

    I then booted from dvd with the screen option, and it worked along with beryl. The only thing that I loose is the speed of booting from the disk iso image. I wonder if the tohd/fromhd might work better then the bootfrom paramter. Anyone have experience using it. I was using the bootfrom since I already had the iso on my hard drive from when I downloaded the file.

    Any reason why beryl and screen sizes do not work with the bootfrom parameter?

    Thanks
    Neeraj

Similar Threads

  1. Screen resolution
    By IanHall in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 03:45 AM
  2. Cheatcode for loading settings at boot screen in 3.6?
    By CCC-Shiner in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 08:24 AM
  3. Screen Resolution
    By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 11:27 PM
  4. Screen Resolution
    By Patrick21 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 10:07 PM
  5. Screen resolution
    By sanjay in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands picture

Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands

$249.95



Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW picture

Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW

$1000.00



Vintage Toshiba Satellite 105CS Intel Pentium 16mB Ram Win 95 No Power Cords picture

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 105CS Intel Pentium 16mB Ram Win 95 No Power Cords

$299.99



Vintage Toshiba Satellite 2590 CDT Intel Celeron 98 No Power Cords included picture

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 2590 CDT Intel Celeron 98 No Power Cords included

$150.00



The Welch Briefcase | Vintage Leather Messenger Bag picture

The Welch Briefcase | Vintage Leather Messenger Bag

$204.00



The Bjorn Leather Laptop Bag | Vintage Leather Briefcase picture

The Bjorn Leather Laptop Bag | Vintage Leather Briefcase

$234.00



The Hemming Leather Laptop Bag | Vintage Leather Briefcase picture

The Hemming Leather Laptop Bag | Vintage Leather Briefcase

$254.00



Vintage Dell inspiron 8100 Laptop Intel Pentium 3 CPU  14

Vintage Dell inspiron 8100 Laptop Intel Pentium 3 CPU 14" LCD Screen PP01X

$49.99



Vintage RaidMax Dirk-Tooth Smilodon Gaming Tower with Hardware-Green LED Lights picture

Vintage RaidMax Dirk-Tooth Smilodon Gaming Tower with Hardware-Green LED Lights

$199.00



Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM  picture

Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM

$149.00