Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Screen Resolution settings

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    53

    Screen Resolution settings

    My laptop which displays upto 1600 x 1200 with no problem under XP comes up as 1024 x 768 in knoppix. When I change the screen resolution in control center | display, I can go upto 1600 x 1200, howerver the screen comes up tiled instead of stretched to fill the screen resolution. Any idea on what I am doing wrong, and what I can do to get it to stretch to fill the screen. I would prefer a 1280 x 1024 resolution. I remember that in debian you can cycle through the available resolutions using some control alt +/- combination. Either I have forgotten what it is or it is not working in knoppix. Also, the laptop does not have a dedicated + key which may also be the cause.

    Also, I am able to get beryl running as long as I do not use my persistent disk image about 90% of the time. However, If I use it, I have only been able to get it once. Now it never goes into beryl. Any ideas?

    Thanks
    Neeraj

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    159

    Re: Screen Resolution settings

    Quote Originally Posted by nnigam
    I would prefer a 1280 x 1024 resolution.
    have you tried "knoppix screen=1280x1024" at the boot prompt?
    if it dosn't work, try "fb1280x1024" instead - but that's using frame buffer mode which is definitely not accelerated...

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    53
    I think the problem is the bootfrom parameter that I was using. Even though I specified the screen size, it was not working. Nor was beryl.

    I then booted from dvd with the screen option, and it worked along with beryl. The only thing that I loose is the speed of booting from the disk iso image. I wonder if the tohd/fromhd might work better then the bootfrom paramter. Anyone have experience using it. I was using the bootfrom since I already had the iso on my hard drive from when I downloaded the file.

    Any reason why beryl and screen sizes do not work with the bootfrom parameter?

    Thanks
    Neeraj

Similar Threads

  1. Screen resolution
    By IanHall in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 03:45 AM
  2. Cheatcode for loading settings at boot screen in 3.6?
    By CCC-Shiner in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 08:24 AM
  3. Screen Resolution
    By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 11:27 PM
  4. Screen Resolution
    By Patrick21 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 10:07 PM
  5. Screen resolution
    By sanjay in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



apple oem 20w charger usb-c power adapter picture

apple oem 20w charger usb-c power adapter

$9.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



LOT OF 2 OEM APPLE MAGSAFE POWER ADAPTERS - MD A1172 AND MD A1222 picture

LOT OF 2 OEM APPLE MAGSAFE POWER ADAPTERS - MD A1172 AND MD A1222

$25.00



Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air picture

Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air

$8.99



Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good picture

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good

$20.59



Genuine OEM Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter  A1344 ~ FREE S/H picture

Genuine OEM Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter A1344 ~ FREE S/H

$12.99



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



Lot Of Apple Cords And Accessories All OEM Genuine Apple Pencil, Magsafe Power picture

Lot Of Apple Cords And Accessories All OEM Genuine Apple Pencil, Magsafe Power

$109.99



Lot of 10 Apple 12W USB Power Adapter Wall Charger Block iPad iPhone A1401 OEM picture

Lot of 10 Apple 12W USB Power Adapter Wall Charger Block iPad iPhone A1401 OEM

$31.99