I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect that the license for vmware may not allow it's inclusion in a redistributed work like Knoppix.
Knoppix does most of my stuff, but for the rare app that needs XP, if it had the free vmware player included, with a 2-4 gig xp drive that would be great. I tried winetools, but they are for win98, and all the files required could not be downloaded. Maybe include the files at least on DVD or upgrade to work with XP if possible, or download from local hard drive, or win98cd.
Neeraj
I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect that the license for vmware may not allow it's inclusion in a redistributed work like Knoppix.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I wonder if this has changed recently VMWare seems to be pushing their software, and inclusing on a cd/dvd like knoppix would be good for them.
Thanks
Neeraj
Sure, but remember, you can't just allow it to be included in Knoppix, you also have to expect and allow it to be included in anything that anyone else builds and redistributes by remastering Knoppix. This is a level of control few commercial software makers are willing to give up.
Anther case in point: I'm a big POV fan and would like to see POV included in Knoppix. The POV team would even like to see it included in Knoppix, and has put some wording into their license to permit Knoppix to include it. But apparently Klaus or another member of the development team still sees this limited permission as a complication if anyone were to remaster and include POV in the remaster, even if the remastered application had nothing at all to do with POV. Rather than expect those building on Knoppix to have to srtip out things where the right to distribute can't be passed on, they choose not to include them in the release.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
That does make sense. I know that there are a lot of issues to work with.
Thanks
Neeraj

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00