I burned a new copy of the DVD and this seems to be working! The DVD I burned originally must have become corrupted somehow! Alls well that ends well!
drbongo
I am getting hundreds of input/output error messages when trying to install a Knoppix type install from DVD onto my Toshiba laptop and/or HP Desktop. I have checked the ISO and it matches the correct MD5 sum! The install worked on my desktop after several hours and seemed to work - but it has been installing on my laptop for nearly eight hours now! Could the DVD be corrupted? Or is it likely to be the DVD reader? Any suggestions gratefully accepted!
drbongo
I burned a new copy of the DVD and this seems to be working! The DVD I burned originally must have become corrupted somehow! Alls well that ends well!
drbongo

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105
$19.95