1. Installed to hdd by command "knoppix tohd=/dev/hdd1"

2. Went to menu as follows: System - Admin - Lilo-config.

3. Get error: "! Please edit /etc/lilo.conf before running lilo!" at or above line 20 in file '/etc/lilo.conf'

4. Go to text editor to open /etc/lilo.conf and get the error: Could not open the file /etc/lilo.conf. You do not have the permissions necessary to open the file.

5. Opened Konquerer and click on /etc/lilo.conf to view the file and get: "You do not have enough permissions to read etc/lilo.cnf"

I do not know how to log in with root priviledges, apparently. In the menu, when I go to "switch user" there is nothing there, even though I have configured users. Without editing lilo.conf the computer will not boot to knoppix without the DVD. I have the computer configured to boot to the drive where I have knoppix installed.

Help.

Lost in the backwoods of Arkansas.