Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: My Desktop is Gone!?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    38

    My Desktop is Gone!?

    I don't understand. I logged into my Knoppix 5 partition this morning and after it booted up it didn't go into the Desktop. Instead the boot screen just turned into a command line. I ran through some directories and it seems everything is still intact, I just have no GUI desktop. What can I do to get it back???

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    38
    Odd, I rebooted and it came back. Rebooted again, it was gone. Rebooted the last 2 times and the Desktop is there? Oh, well, I can work with this annoyance.

Similar Threads

  1. no desktop gui?
    By UnLISTEDxX in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 03:30 PM
  2. Want KDE desktop
    By fred0843 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 10:48 PM
  3. Desktop
    By jr0d82 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 12:14 PM
  4. No Desktop
    By Guider in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 09:33 PM
  5. no kde desktop
    By jon267 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 09:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01