-
Hd install help / similar distro
Hi.
I'm looking for a distro that I can install to my HD and detects all my hardware. My graphics card only works on Kanotix and Knoppix, but Kanotix has paused in developement. Sidux, however, does not detect it, and neither (now) does Mepis. I need a distro based on Knoppix that can be installed and updated to new versions.
If I do install Knoppix to my HD, is there any way I can keep it up to date? Could I use the fromiso cheatcode and update from there? Or is there a Knoppix-based distro that has the hardware detection but is better for HD installs?
Thanks,
Oli
Similar Threads
-
By 27floyd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-15-2005, 11:34 PM
-
By Sass in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:24 PM
-
By ovidiu in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-25-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By dbojan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

32GB KIT SAMSUNG M393A2K43CB2-CVFC0 PC4-2933Y-RE2-12-DC1/MH1 RDIMM ECC 16GBX2
$195.00

Lot Of 2 Samsung 64GB (1x64GB) 2Rx4 PC5-4800B DDR5 Ram ECC Server Memory Tested
$4389.99

HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$189.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00