Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to use Beryl 3d desktop??

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4

    How to use Beryl 3d desktop??

    I am definitely a noobie linux person and just made a knoppix 5.1 live cd. My teacher at school booted to it and was spinning the desktop on what looked like a cube. I am trying to get the 3d desktop to work but am not sure how to do that. Can someone help? I am trying to get the cube to rotate so that I can just rotate between desktops. I meet all the specs as far as hardware goes just not sure if there are any configuration changes I need to make in the Beryl Settings Manager or not. Thanks again and I am sure you guys will have an answer pretty quick.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    I believe you should use the cheatcode desktop=beryl.

    When you get a screen saying boot: or login: (I can't recall which exactly; I just react), you enter knoppix desktop=beryl. There is a file included with the download, titled knoppix-cheatcodes.txt. The latest version didn't include a beryl cheatcode, but it does work.

    One word to the wise; you need at least 512K to run it reliably, or at all. It is a bit of a RAM hog.

    Please let me know how it works out.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4
    I am able to get it loaded since it comes as part of the knoppix 5.1 live cd but I am not sure how to actually utilize the features of the 3d desktop. I mean, how to you switch between desktops and everything?

Similar Threads

  1. beryl
    By zaiko2000 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 07:18 PM
  2. Can't get BERYL to work
    By Jamsh in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 06:54 AM
  3. Beryl - Awesome
    By eadz in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 06:29 AM
  4. BERYL
    By Jamsh in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 04:42 PM
  5. BERYL
    By Jamsh in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer picture

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer

$649.95



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$109.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99