I got one of those logitech web cams and I would like to use it with my knoppix
system Same ol same ol, works great under windows but nothing doing
under knoppix. Any ideas?
I got one of those logitech web cams and I would like to use it with my knoppix
system Same ol same ol, works great under windows but nothing doing
under knoppix. Any ideas?
No model number given, so the help you can get is limited. It's hard to know what you really are asking either. If you want to know about using webcams and Linux, a quick Google search gives a lot of information, including good info for the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 and many other model numbers. If you just want to gripe about having purchased a webcam that the manufacturer hasn't released Linux drivers or specs for and uses an unknown chip then I'm not sure what the point is, we have all heard that before as your post indicates. And if your issue is that the cam is supported in Linux but not in Knoppix, I don't think it's reasonable to expect a Live CD to contain drivers for everything ever made, Knoppix is good for what it is, but consider installing Debian or some other hard drive targeted Linux distro and installing the proper support for your webcam if it exists.
Wow, is little Harry having a bad day? I didn't expect such a caustic response, even from you.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99