I've installed oracle-xe-client, but I have some problems setting the environment variables. I've edited /etc/skel/.bashrc to look like this:
From a terminal I can execute sqlclient and other applications that need oracle xe client libraries. But I can't run these applications if I lunch them using a XFCE luncher, for example. Also, if I login as root using "su -", the environment variables don't get set. But if I use "su root", everything works fine. I don't know why this behavior, I would appreciate if you could explain me.Code:# /etc/bash.bashrc [ -f /etc/profile ] && . /etc/profile source /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/client/bin/oracle_env.sh
I'm working on a presentation CD and I don't want to make my users to open terminals to run applications.

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$245.00
Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$225.00
MITS Altair Computer Notes June 1976
$90.00
MITS Altair Computer Notes January/February 1977
$100.00
MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95
MITS Altair Computer Notes July 1976
$100.00
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2390.00
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
1976 Scelbi 6800 Software Cookbook Altair 680 SWTPC Machine Language Programming
$46.00