-
installing oracle-xe-client
I've installed oracle-xe-client, but I have some problems setting the environment variables. I've edited /etc/skel/.bashrc to look like this:
Code:
# /etc/bash.bashrc
[ -f /etc/profile ] && . /etc/profile
source /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/client/bin/oracle_env.sh
From a terminal I can execute sqlclient and other applications that need oracle xe client libraries. But I can't run these applications if I lunch them using a XFCE luncher, for example. Also, if I login as root using "su -", the environment variables don't get set. But if I use "su root", everything works fine. I don't know why this behavior, I would appreciate if you could explain me.
I'm working on a presentation CD and I don't want to make my users to open terminals to run applications.
Similar Threads
-
By rahulreddy in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-06-2006, 07:37 PM
-
By Henk Poley in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-25-2005, 12:31 PM
-
By dago_m in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 09:47 AM
-
By efequis in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 04:53 AM
-
By lindleyrl in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 05:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99