-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Problem half-solved

Originally Posted by
JP137
Hey, I was actually able to solve this problem overnight, I woke up and tried puting the cd-rw in the burning drive, and knoppix worked, but once in my regular cd reading only drive, it won't start...why?
For the reasons I already said, the optics in the cd drive may be starting to go marginal (usually dirty), or the cd drive needs the nodma cheat code.

Originally Posted by
JP137
PS: Can I find files from my windows partitions in knoppix (i.e. I've got 2 partitios, one with W98, another with XP and an empty one, can I use it for storage? Is it possible, or advisable, to install an antivirus to browse the web when using it?
Knoppix should find the files on the windws partitions just fine. You can save data to that empty partition if it is a FAT partition, but it is not saft to do if it's a NTFS partition. See answer 6 for more info. If it's really an emty partition it's not to hard to deletean empty NTFS partition and put a FAT partition in it's place, but it is something that could muck up your entire disk if you don't know what you are doing.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By AmpLiF1eR in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 10:33 AM
-
By paunchy in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 01:31 AM
-
By objectconstant in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 06:07 PM
-
By spiritwing in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 05:48 AM
-
By frankiejr in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Facts 11.96 November Vintage Apple Computer Book
$99.00

Original Early Vintage Macintosh Joystick for IIe IIc A2M2012 Untested
$99.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube M7886 2000 450MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HD
$299.99

Apple Vintage Keyboard - Macintosh - M0116 With Cord (260204)
$69.99

Vintage Apple Game TAXMAN I + TAXMAN II H.A.L. Labs
$1195.00

Apple IIGS A2S6000 Vintage Home Computer ~ (powers on)
$250.00

Vintage Apple Pro Keyboard M7803 USB Wired Mac Accessory -Clear w/Black Keys
$50.00

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00

Apple II Floppy Disk Drive Vintage | Model A2M0003 | *Untested For Parts*
$60.00