I got one of those logitech web cams and I would like to use it with my knoppix
system Same ol same ol, works great under windows but nothing doing
under knoppix. Any ideas?
I got one of those logitech web cams and I would like to use it with my knoppix
system Same ol same ol, works great under windows but nothing doing
under knoppix. Any ideas?
No model number given, so the help you can get is limited. It's hard to know what you really are asking either. If you want to know about using webcams and Linux, a quick Google search gives a lot of information, including good info for the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 and many other model numbers. If you just want to gripe about having purchased a webcam that the manufacturer hasn't released Linux drivers or specs for and uses an unknown chip then I'm not sure what the point is, we have all heard that before as your post indicates. And if your issue is that the cam is supported in Linux but not in Knoppix, I don't think it's reasonable to expect a Live CD to contain drivers for everything ever made, Knoppix is good for what it is, but consider installing Debian or some other hard drive targeted Linux distro and installing the proper support for your webcam if it exists.
Wow, is little Harry having a bad day? I didn't expect such a caustic response, even from you.

LOT OF 8 Samsung 32gb 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA RE3 12 DC1 Server Memory M393A4G43AB3
$1849.95
SK Hynix 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-11 RAM HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
SET OF 8 (64GB) - Micron MTA9ASF1G72PZ 8GB 1RX8 PC4-2666V-RD1-11 Memory
$225.00
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC Registered Server RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB0Q
$144.95
Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00