This will probably only help with an installed-to-disk Knoppix:
# apt-get install vsftpd
Comes with very good documentation, and apt takes care of proper user id and home
directory.
I want to be able to setup a FTP directory for internal use that is not in a the knoppix home directory. Can someone tell me where are the files that are read to start up this server so that I can set up the right dierectory structure?
This will probably only help with an installed-to-disk Knoppix:
# apt-get install vsftpd
Comes with very good documentation, and apt takes care of proper user id and home
directory.
Is there no hope of changing the behavior of the default ftp server that comes with knoppix 3.3. I don't have it installed on my hard drive but I have copied the disk to my hard drive and that it where I boot from.

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
1986-88 Antic Atari / Analog Computing Magazines Computer vtg LOT Collection 80s
$45.49
vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$13.99
Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46