-
Knoppix 5.1.1 on Toshiba P25-S507 Laptop
Hi:
I have Knoippix 5.1.1 DVD with me I dont have the boot option for beryl like Knoppix Desktop=lg3d|kde\gnome or something else.
In KDE when I click beryl I get these errors
XGL absent, checking for NVIDIA Nvdia Absent,
Checking for texture_from_pixmap
texture_pixmap present
beryl: No Composite Extension.
I dont get anything else.
I can see the Beryl manager in GNOME, Does Beryl only works on KDE?
I have P4 2.8GHZ, with 512MB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 Graphics CARD.
How do I get Beryl working on both KDE & Gnome.
Thanks,
I have not installed it yet, But is a great improvement over Knoppix 4.0 DVD
Thanks,
AJ
-
Hi:
I was able to use the Knoppix cheatcode
knoppix desktop=beryl at boot,
I get this message stating,
"No AIGLX extension for your graphics card, sorry no 3D Desktop"
I am using NVIDIA GeForce FXGo5200 Graphics Card. Are there extensions for this card. I am thinking of replacing Knoppix 4.0 on my laptop with 5.1.1 version. Getting Beryl to work would be great, I would not mind if it did'nt.
Thanks
AJ
-
Senior Member
registered user
You need to download the Linux NVIDIA drivers from the NVIDIA website...
google for: "Linux NVIDIA Drivers"
Take Care,
-Justin
One Mynds Eye
-
Thanks:
What exact driver do I download This site has many drivers
http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html I know I must doenload for x86 32bit Will any driver for x86 32bit work for GEForce Go 5200 Graphics card? Please give me the exact drivefr . I am in the process of searching as yet.
Thanks
AJ
-
I have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed, I still get this message, though the BERYL diamond appears on the task bar.
XGL absent, checking for NVIDIA Nvidia present
Relaunching beryl with __GL_YIELD="NOTHING",
XGL Absent, checking for NVIDIA
NVIDIA present
beryl: No Composite Extension.
What next?
Thanks,
AJ
Similar Threads
-
By vikingasia in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-14-2006, 07:09 AM
-
By AJones in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-02-2006, 08:17 AM
-
By AJones in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-12-2006, 07:51 AM
-
By dbryanw in forum Laptops
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 06:32 PM
-
By Cefalu of Italy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00