Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Knoppix 5.1.1 on Toshiba P25-S507 Laptop

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35

    Knoppix 5.1.1 on Toshiba P25-S507 Laptop

    Hi:
    I have Knoippix 5.1.1 DVD with me I dont have the boot option for beryl like Knoppix Desktop=lg3d|kde\gnome or something else.

    In KDE when I click beryl I get these errors

    XGL absent, checking for NVIDIA Nvdia Absent,
    Checking for texture_from_pixmap
    texture_pixmap present

    beryl: No Composite Extension.

    I dont get anything else.

    I can see the Beryl manager in GNOME, Does Beryl only works on KDE?

    I have P4 2.8GHZ, with 512MB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 Graphics CARD.

    How do I get Beryl working on both KDE & Gnome.

    Thanks,

    I have not installed it yet, But is a great improvement over Knoppix 4.0 DVD

    Thanks,
    AJ

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35
    Hi:

    I was able to use the Knoppix cheatcode

    knoppix desktop=beryl at boot,

    I get this message stating,

    "No AIGLX extension for your graphics card, sorry no 3D Desktop"

    I am using NVIDIA GeForce FXGo5200 Graphics Card. Are there extensions for this card. I am thinking of replacing Knoppix 4.0 on my laptop with 5.1.1 version. Getting Beryl to work would be great, I would not mind if it did'nt.


    Thanks
    AJ

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    122
    You need to download the Linux NVIDIA drivers from the NVIDIA website...

    google for: "Linux NVIDIA Drivers"


    Take Care,
    -Justin
    One Mynds Eye

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35
    Thanks:

    What exact driver do I download This site has many drivers

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html I know I must doenload for x86 32bit Will any driver for x86 32bit work for GEForce Go 5200 Graphics card? Please give me the exact drivefr . I am in the process of searching as yet.

    Thanks
    AJ

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35
    I have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed, I still get this message, though the BERYL diamond appears on the task bar.

    XGL absent, checking for NVIDIA Nvidia present
    Relaunching beryl with __GL_YIELD="NOTHING",
    XGL Absent, checking for NVIDIA
    NVIDIA present
    beryl: No Composite Extension.

    What next?

    Thanks,
    AJ

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 4.0.2 hangs at cardmgr on (new) Toshiba Laptop M60
    By vikingasia in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 07:09 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 08:17 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 07:51 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 06:32 PM
  5. Knoppix 3.3 will not mount HD on a Toshiba Laptop
    By Cefalu of Italy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 08:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic picture

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic

$24.95



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives picture

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives

$49.99